Thursday, January 18, 2007

Doyle's Stock on the Rise

Anyone see new Broncos defenseman Eric Doyle in the prospects game last night in Quebec City?

I thought he looked pretty solid out there. Relaxed, confident and not trying to be too flashy. He even picked up a pair of assists in the 5-3 win. A solid outing for Doyle who entered the game ranked 19th amongst North American skaters by Central Scouting.

Remember Akim Aliu a couple seasons ago? Well now he's one of the top rated prospects in the OHL. It wasn't long ago that Steve Downie was chasing him all over the ice (and off) in that Windsor Spitfires hazing incident. That's right, the player Downie was trying to get to fall in line was Aliu.

The Broncos take on the Moose Jaw Warriors tomorrow night in the Crushed Can. It'll be the first time the Broncos have played the Warriors since they acquired Brady Calla and Cody Thoring from the Everett Silvertips, plus Michael Hengen from Calgary.

The Broncos should have most of their injured bodies back in the line-up. They did pretty good the last two games despite missing several players.

Join us for the Broncos pre-game show tomorrow night at 6:30pm, play-by-play at 7pm.

Till then,
Jon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keener- I hope Doyle will be getting top four ice time out there in Swift. He was played like a marginal #6/#7 in Everett until shortly before the trade. He has lots of upside, but I think he needs to play an aggressive/risk-taking type of style to maximize interest from the NHL scouts. If I don't bump into you on my next trip to the prairies, I'll see ya in Columbus this summer.

Jon Keen said...

Hey Mike. Haven't seen you in awhile. What happened to your Calgary counterpart? I was in Calgary and couldn't get a hold of him. Nice evaluation of Eric. He stepped in right away with us and played in all situations. Check out our four draft elgible d-men, Doyle, Postma, Claffey, and Molle. We are a scouts paradise. Drop me an e-mail: jonkeen@hotmail.com, I need to update my contacts. I'm working on our Columbus itenerary!