Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Molle Speaks

The Broncos dealt 20 year-old Ryan Molle earlier today to the Kootenay Ice for a 4th round bantam pick next year.

Ryan spoke about his time in Swift Current looking back while at the same time looking ahead to his final season in the WHL with the Kootenay Ice.

Molle admits he knew it was coming.

"We have four healthy guys that can play and are all good enough to play in the league.. and then Taz (Matt Tassone). It was just a matter of what Mark (Lamb) needed to do to make the Broncos better. I'm happy with his decision, Kootenay has a good group of young defenseman and I'm more than happy to join their squad."

I'm just happy something is done...I wanted a home. I'm relieved."

Molle, who was traded to Swift Current from Vancouver in his 17 year-old year says the city really grew on him over the years.

"When you first interviewed me after the trade three years ago I didn't know anything or have anything to say. Now, I can write a three page essay on everything Swift and the Broncos have given me. There's nothing but fond memories, I'm going to miss it."

It's his teammates he's going to miss the most.

"I can honestly say I've met some of the best friends of my life. Guys like Claff (Derek Claffey), he's one of my best buds...we will keep in touch for a long time. I'm gonna miss them."

------------



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all know that Tassone will be out for a bit but seems that Stickland will be back soon it appears...correct me if I'm wrong.

Jon Keen said...

I wouldn't worry. It's Sept 2. Over two weeks away from the season opener.