- It was one of those "we'll take it" weekends. Three out of a possible four points against a couple good teams on home ice. A 4-1 win over Regina and then a 3-2 shootout loss against Spokane.
- This will go down as probably the most entertaining weekend of hockey on the season to date. Last night's game was a fun one. Good goaltending, great offensive chances, some overtime and then a shootout to close it off. Awesome game!
- When it mattered, goaltenders Travis Yonkmand and Dustin Tokarski where lights out. A couple of goals against in the first period and that was it the rest of the way. Tokarski finished the night with 39 saves while Yonkman finished with 37 saves. Tokarski, who was at one point in his career cut by both the "AAA" Legionnaires and the Broncos admitted in the pre-game show that he's uses that as motivation. Tokarski has been cut from several teams in his career both at the "AAA" midget and WHL level. Have to think everything happens for a reason. He eventually landed with the P.A. Mintos and won a national midget championships. A couple years later he wins a Memorial Cup in Spokane.
- The Broncos young defense took a giant step this weekend. They proved they can handle some of the most offensively gifted players in the WHL. With three veteran defense and 18 year-old rookie Andrew Hewett injured, young d-men like James Martin, Jordan Evans, and Joel Rogers filled the void. It's weekends like this where you can see these players grow their game.
- Bronco fans saw a preview this last week of several players set to star in the ADT Canada/Russia Challenge. Thomas Hickey, Colten Teubert, Jordan Eberle, Jared Spurgeon, Jared Cowen, and Dustin Tokarski have all been at the I-plex this week in advance of Wednesday's game.
- Speaking of the game, preparations are now fully underway to transform the I-plex. New ice logos, different board signs, increased lighting.... it's a long process. It's a 7pm face-off Wednesday but will be more like 7:17pm by the time all the pre-game festivities are over.
- We want Eric Doyle!
- I've been told the chances are slim at best of Doyle being added to the Team WHL roster. It will only happen if one or two of the 22 player roster went down with an injury this weekend.
More tomorrow morning... I guess it's Grey Cup time, although I'm not too enthused about it this year for some reason.