In another one of those "deserved better" games, the Broncos fell 7-3 in Moose Jaw and are still chasing their first road win of the season.
The Broncos came flying out of the gates generating opportunities and scoring chances but midway through the period they found themselves down 2-0. How did that happen?
Cody Eakin concluded an unbelievable month of October by scoring his league leading 16th and 17th goals of the season to even the game through the first period.
Eakin scored off the 3-on-2 rush off a rebound and then scored a nice one-time goal on the powerplay after a nice feed from Justin Dowling off the rush on the powerplay.
The Broncos actually took the lead 3-2 eight minutes into the 2nd period when Mike Brown sprung Justin Dowling with a breakaway pass.
The Warriors would come storming back scoring the game's last five goals as Broncos netminder Alex Sirard seemingly fought the puck most of the night. Several outside shots got by him and even routine dump ins would prove adventurous.
The Broncos had really no choice but to leave Sirard in. Morgan Clark dressed as the back-up after being away from the team all week with the flu. He wasn't coming in unless he absolutely had to.
I felt bad for Alex, had it been a regular situation, he may have been pulled after the 2nd Warriors goal. He stayed in, and it only got worse. He had some pucks change directions on him right on the doorstep off a stick or off a skate. Sometimes it's not your night.
The Warriors at one point had seven goals on 22 shots. The shots ended up even at the end of the night 27-27.
The Broncos fall to 9-7-0-1 and will host the Saskatoon Blades Sunday night.
- F Michael Stickland and F Michael Hay did not dress due to the flu. D Jordan Evans and D Eric Doyle missed the game due to concussions. The Broncos dressed one under the limit. No word on who might be available Sunday. D Nathan Zimbaluk was again called up from "AAA" Tisdale.
- F Matt Tassone is set to re-join the team this weekend and may even practice Saturday. He'll now have to work himself into game shape. Great news though for the Broncos who are close to welcoming back last year's Team MVP.
- F Geordie Wudrick is pointless in all seven road games this season. All of his 13 points this season have come on Credit Union i-plex ice.
- F Cody Eakin was in on seven straight Bronco goals - scoring five in a row in the process before Justin Dowling's goal assisted by Mike Brown in the 2nd period ended the streak.
- Warriors Head Coach Dave Hunchak along with several Warrior players had their heads shaved in the name of Breast Cancer Awareness night. Even Dave's young boy sat at center ice and had his head shaved too.