Monday, November 16, 2009

Wudrick on Trade

I spoke to Geordie a couple hours after hearing the news he was headed to the Kelowna Rockets.

Your reaction to the trade...

It was mixed emotions. Obviously I'm pretty excited but a little upset and a little nervous at the same time. There's some players on the Broncos that will be friends for life. I'm really going to miss those guys.


On going to Kelowna....

Absolutely, I'm really excited to go there. It's an organization I've followed since I was a kid. The main thing is I'm going to an organization that really wants me there.


On your time in Swift Current.....

I spent parts of five different seasons here, it's been a long time. I enjoyed my time playing here and have met a lot of good guys and friends. It's a great place to play. I'm a little upset to leave but at the same time I'm excited.


On being under the microscope here.....

Being a high draft pick there's going to be pressure and expectations and hype you have to live up to. Being in a small market there's a lot of pressure. The fans are intense here...that won't change. I thought I handled it well for the most part but there was ups and downs in my time with the Broncos. I'm happy to get a fresh start....


A comment on your play being hot and cold and streaky at times....

(no comment). (Didn't want to discuss in detail)


Final words....

I enjoyed my time here, my family has made it home and there's a lot of guys I'm going to miss.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will Navotny be playing on Wednesday?

Jon Keen said...

That's the plan.