Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Update

Quick update today...

I'm off to Regina later this afternoon for our Shaw TV broadcast. It's the Pats and Prince George Cougars tonight from the Brandt Center. We're on the air at 7pm Saskatchewan time, 6/Mountain, 5/Pacific.

I'm sure hoping for a good game. If anything it could be a physical battle. Both these teams aren't afraid to mix it up. Good thing I'll have former NHL enforcer Jeff Odgers beside me to break it all down. Here's what I like about Odgie. He gets it.... well he IS it. The former NHL tough guy fought everyone back in the day and knows how it works.

Example, here's a clip of Bronco rookie forward Andrew Sullivan (2nd ever fight) taking on perhaps the toughest guy in the league Randy McNaught. He realizes the situation pretty early and gives credit to an over-matched Sullivan for being a willing combatant. I like the way both Joe and Jeff handled this situation.



Hey not even a mark on Sully the next day! Get'em next time eh kid?


Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...to stay in that long for a tough guy of McNaughts caliber is pretty impressive. I think it may be to time for some moves in that area of the team anyways...possibly others.