Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday / Broncos Down Raiders

Back in the morning sports routine here today...

Looking forward to a Friday/Saturday off from action. I don't think in my time the Broncos have ever had both nights off on a weekend. Greek Night is calling. Thanks to Tizzy for arranging a solid table for Saturday night.

Yesterday Andy Blanke's first ever WHL goal broke a 1-1 third period tie as the Broncos held on for a 2-1 win over Prince Albert.


" I was out there trying to keep us in the game and give us some energy. I guess we turned the puck over at the blueline, (Derek) Claffey picked it up and I just went hard to the net. The puck came to me and I saw a little opening and I tucked it in there," said an excited Blanke post-game.

"It was pretty exciting to score that first one."


I left my poppy on my suit jacket the night before and was poppy-less for the Remembrance Day matinee game. I went into the dressing room before the game and borrowed Andy's. I told him that's an automatic third star effort for giving up his poppy. Then he went out and earned it. Good stuff.


Broncos captain Derek Claffey set-up Blanke for the game-winner and had a funny take on the play.


"He (Blanke) had a pretty good shift going, looking pretty good... I just walked in and was thinking of shooting, but clearly I don't have too many goals in my career so I dished it across and he managed to put it in the net."


The Broncos host Edmonton Sunday night.

-----

Tuesday night in Regina I thought things went alright for our Shaw broadcast. This despite Broncos A.C. Tim Kehler getting a good laugh out of some of the dialogue between Jeff and I.


Working with Odg was a lot of fun. He spent a couple years on the Atlanta Thrashers radio broadcast. He seemed to handle the TV side pretty good.


Put him on the list of guys you would want on your side if things ever went south some night.

---

Back to work, more later....


Jon



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work Andy!! Keep up the good work!!