Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wagner On the Mend

Broncos F Dillon Wagner had successful ACL reconstructive surgery on Monday.

The surgery took place in Edmonton and was quite the procedure.

Dillon tells me they took a piece of his hamstring and hollowed out the bone above the knee. They then took a button and screwed the "new ligament" in place.

The tear was worse than first thought. He'll be on crutches for two weeks. He'll be able to start physio in six weeks time.

It could be three months before he's running or skating again.

You factor in the timeline and he probably won't be ready for the start of Broncos season.

He seems to have a positive attitude about everything which is a good sign.

Wagner was hurt in a game against the Vancouver Giants at the end of February.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I take it this isn't the potentially news you were meaning from a previous post? I'm getting a little interested in what this could potentially be.

Jon Keen said...

Have a good weekend Tyler.

Unknown said...

I'm actually coming to Swift this weekend...crazy!! If I ask too many questions...my bad. I just have no one where I am to talk Broncos so your blog and whlfans are my best option. Take care!!