Friday, August 28, 2009

"I'll Be Back"

Matt Tassone remains at home in St. Albert, AB recovering from off-season surgery on both shoulders.

The timeline for his return is uncertain but there's a feeling he could be ready by late November or December.

I spoke with Matt on Thursday to see how everything was going.

"There has been some ups and downs with my shoulders (in the past) but so far everything has gone great. I've started working out and I've been going hard this summer. In the next couple of months I'm going to get on the ice and start working on my puck skills again getting back prepared for the season."

The over-age forward says he's excited to get back to the team but admits one element of his game will have to be put on the shelf.

"The doctors say my shoulder is great, I feel great. I'm really excited for this season, we're going to have a great team. Obviously I want to do my part for the team, I'm going to still play that gritty-style but stay away from fighting and then sort of stuff."

Most of Tassone's shoulder problems were a result of fighting and the pressure and strain put on the sockets.

Tassone says being away from his teammates has been the hardest part.

"I've talked to some of the guys the past couple days to see how everything is going. It's hard, I love those guys and they're brothers to me. It's tough but I have to do what I have to do for my career and health. I'll be back.

I'll see the guys this weekend in St. Albert (at the pre-season tournament), I'm pretty excited for that."




Jon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Matt T. has a great season. He seems to be coming into his own