- The Blazers are now 6-9-0-0 against BC division teams. Their 2nd half schedule features of a ton divisional games. They wrap up a stretch of five straight divisional games tomorrow night in Kelowna.
- Thomas Frazee scored in his Blazer home-ice debut. He now has three goals and two assists in four games with his new club.
- It was good to see Corey Fienhage get his first WHL goal. It was a long time coming. His PP goal capped the scoring in last night's win. There should be more to come. It finished as a three-point night for the former NCAA defenseman
- Last night was probably the toughest broadcast I've ever done. Battling the flu and sickness, I thought I could get through it. I was wrong. I took advantage of the radio time-out in the third period to head to the bathroom. While I won't give you the details...it wasn't pretty. Thanks to colorman Ian Douglas for pinch-hitting for about 3-4 minutes of play-by-play. In 600 or so games, that was a first.
- Blazer F Logan McVeigh and D Brady Gaudet begin in the World Under 17 Challenge in Winnipeg today. The two Team West players battle Team Pacific to begin the round robin.
- Blazer forwards Dalibor Bortnak (Slovakia) and Bernhard Keil (Germany) remain pointless at the World Junior Championships. Slovakia edged Germany 2-1 in Monday's round robin game.
- Former Blazer Lyndon Martell scored a last minute goal for the Pats last night in Regina to tie the game 3-3. The Pats later won in the shootout.
- Speaking of newspapers... Marty Hastings of Kamloops This Week put together this piece early last week. Warning, it's very self-serving.
- We are back on the air tomorow night in Kelowna as the Blazers battle the Rockets. Pre-game show at 6:30, the play-by-play at 7pm on Radio NL.