- The Blazers rolled into Kent (just south of Seattle) around 4:30am thanks to the capable hands of C.C. behind the wheel. The team was up for breakfast and now on an off day but will skate this afternoon at ShoWare Center.
- It's the final day of 2010 on New Year's Eve... but I don't think anyone will be getting too out of control here following last night's 7-1 loss in Kelowna. The Blazers couldn't beat G Adam Brown and the Rockets were stymied by G Jeff Bosch halfway through the game. Then, a long shot from Cody Chikie handcuffed Bosch (it may have went off a defenders stick) and the Rockets scored what was the all-important first goal. Two wrap-around goals within a few minutes on the Blazers put them into an insurmountable 3-0 hole after two. The Blazers were outshooting the Rockets at the time, but the Rockets were winning the goaltending battle. The Rockets had six 2nd period shots - three found the twine.
- The third period saw the Blazers get away from the game-plan. Mistakes led to scoring chances which led to goals. Cam Lanigan replaced Bosch for the third period. Blazer C Chase Schaber broke the shutout bid with 4:10 to play when his low shot found the mark.
- G Adam Brown was named 1st star in the building. In the last three Blazer losses, goaltenders have been the #1 star. Regan Bartel saw this game the same way. For a 2nd opinion go visit his blog.
- F Brendan Ranford didn't play much of the third period. He took a shot in the leg. He was kept out for precautionary reasons. His status for tomorrow night's game against the T-Birds is favorable.
- Seattle plays tonight in Portland while the Blazers will have the night off. We will see if it's a factor tomorrow night.
- Have a great night if you're planning on celebrating. Either going out, or having a low-key night at home. Here's to 2011.