Friday, June 19, 2009

My Thoughts

I've been thinking on what my take is regarding Dean Chynoweth heading off to join the New York Islanders as an assistant coach.

First of all, congratulations are in order. Dean is going from one good spot to another after five seasons of ups and downs with the Broncos. It was quite the ride, and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the last five years with Dean at the helm from my perspective.

He would be the first to be excited about any of his staff moving on to something bigger. He truly is a team guy when it comes to his staff and looks out for their best interests. I think he has created a loyal following amongst his inner circle because of that. If anything, he has a massive respect amongst his colleagues.

The last 48 hours has been exciting to say the least. From reporting the story to following up at today's news conference - these are the types of moments you really enjoy as a reporter / broadcaster.

I got to thinking about it and realized I could put together quite the post of thoughts, stories and predictions moving forward. I'll think about it over the weekend and then post something.

Maybe I'll do a year-by-year rundown of some of the key moments I remember over the last five seasons.

Until then, I'm off for the weekend...

Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon, who are your thoughts on potential candidates to fill the GM and coaching positions?