Random complaints.. bear with me please.
- People who look for the walk in slo-pitch this is for you. Swing the bat! Yes that will be me this summer in left field yelling " Just swing it!"
- The movie "Chuck and Larry" Is there any way possible to get that hour and 45 minutes in my life back?
- Snow. I was golfing Thursday and Friday, shoveling Monday.
- Teams that don't score in regulation, or the 1st overtime period.
- The Anaheim Ducks ruining my playoff pool.
- Everything that goes along with moving.
- Blogs not being updated anymore. C'mon Regan I know you're in the Domincan but give me something!
- Bad radio commercials.
Monday morning and the Lethbridge Hurricanes are closing in on an Eastern Conference title. Austin Fyten, a 16 year-old rookie for the 'Canes came off the wall and beat Brett Sonne and then shelfed it on Dan Spence in OT. If you're Dan Spence you can get beat in that position. You have the angle and you give up the glove side.... bad goal. But good for Fyten and kudos to the Hurricanes going to their 4th line in OT and all the playoffs. The scary thing is Lethbridge could be even better next year.
Out West, both Spokane and Tri-City refuse to score in regulation, or for that matter the 1st overtime period. Both games have gone to double-overtime and have ended in a 1-0 decision. The split sends the series to Spokane for game three tonight.
The Western Hockey League is premier NHL development ground. If you need some evidence look no further than the NHL playoffs. Three players who played last year in the 'dub are right in the thick of things. Milan Lucic of Boston has been a big part of the Bruins series comeback against Montreal. Carey Price has been nothing short of sensational in his rookie season with the Habs. Former Medicine Hat Tiger Darren Helm played nearly 10 minutes for Detroit while recording an assist as the Wings finished off the Preds in six games yesterday.
Speaking of the Predators, they could be a favorite team of mine in the future just based on all their WHL grads. Dan Hamuis, Shea Weber, Jerred Smithson, Vern Fiddler, Martin Erat, Jordin Tootoo, and Darcy Hordichuk, all toiled in this league at one time.
I'm expecting Bronco news to take about 10 days off 'till the bantam draft. I'll post more on that as it approaches.
Have a good week,