- As one defenseman goes down, two are ready to be inserted back into the line-up. D Brandon Underwood should be ready for full-contact in practice this week after a concussion. He will likely see in action Friday in Everett in the Blazers next game.
Also, Corey Fienhage has been returned from the Buffalo Sabres. The over-age defenseman will make his regular season debut Friday. Have to say I'm looking forward to that.
- Young Chase Souto is an up and coming middle-weight in the Western Conference. Still only 15,( turns 16 in a couple weeks) the California kid made his presence known in the final shift of the game Saturday against Chilliwack when he dropped the gloves with 18 year-old Zach Habscheid.
He also scrapped three times in the pre-season. He's old-school in his approach...stand in and trade. He's good with both hands, and can take one or two also.
- It was good to see Randy Merkley Saturday night. The Bruins broadcaster used to call games for the Moose Jaw Warriors back in the east division.
- I made it through the weekend with only one Swift Current Broncos reference. Early on in the pre-game show Friday night, Swift Curren...slipped out when talking about the two teams in the game. Who heard it? Everyone. At least everyone who works at the radio stations.
- If your a Blazer fan, you have to love how quick game highlights appear on the website post-game. Fans can get home after the game, fire up the computer and watch the highlight package.
- WHL Web TV is back. It seems to be working well. I didn't have any problems this weekend. It seems to load quicker and stay more stable than in previous years.