Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hard Hat and Hockey

Wasn't that the Saskatoon Blades slogan a couple years back?

I remember the Blades in-stand announcer Jay Richards making his rounds in the Credit Union Center in a yellow hard hat to bring home the point. It was used to emphasize the workmanlike approach to the Blades players and games... in Swift Current we've taken on the literal meaning.

We've been informed I will have to wear a hard hat to conduct post-practice interviews at the I-plex today because of the on-going renovations and construction.

The Blades have nothing on us....


Jon

2 comments:

Mike Fraser said...

What's that place looking like anyways? And really could a hard hat really make you look any worse? haha...

Jon Keen said...

It's not great in there but it will suffice. Basically there is a sheet of ice, about 2000 seats, no heat, it's going to be dusty and a bit dirty.

As for the hsrd hst Mike, it'll be like going back to my roots. I worked construction before heading off to radio college. Maybe I can volunteer my services??