The Prince George Cougars battled through all sorts of adversity for the 5-4 shootout win and a 4-2 east division road swing record.
The Broncos didn't help matters. Their 4-1 third period lead evaporated quickly - mostly because of the lacklustre "this game is in the bag attitude".
Here's how the Cougars defied the odds:
- They were down 4-1 and scored three to tie it up.
- They killed off four third period powerplays including a 5-on-3 for 1:42. They also didn't get a third period man advantage.
- They killed off a full two minute 4-on-3 powerplay in overtime.
- They lost their best defenseman Ty Wishart for the 2nd half of the third period after he took a 10 minute misconduct.
- It was their sixth and final game of their long east division road swing. Fatigue was supposed to be a factor. It wasn't.
We can rip on the Broncos all we want for the way they shut it down in the 3rd but I think the bigger story is how impressive the Cougars comeback really was.