Sunday, November 12, 2006

Did I pass up the Vikngs/Packers Game for This?

Well, it hasn't been the best of weekend's in Broncoland but let's hope the boys can finish it off with a hard-fought win in Saskatoon.

After tonight's game it gets tough, Brandon here Wednesday then to Medicine Hat and Kootenay next weekend. The Broncos NEED this one today.

So . . . anyways about that Vikings/Packers game today. My best friend got married earlier this year and as a treat for the wedding party he was going to take us all to Minnesota (this weekend) for the Vikings / Green Bay Packers game. I was excited for 10 seconds, knowing that the game would be in the middle of the Broncos schedule. Sure enough, three games in three nights. Now I could take off . . . leave the station and the team empty handed and "take a weekend off" but this is hockey season and this is what I do.

You wouldn't see Dean Chynoweth or Dave Hunchak take off in the middle of the season to go to a football game with their buddies right? Right. So, I'm here doing the games despite back to back home losses. The summer is the time for doing that stuff.

So what I'm getting at is . . . please make this weekend worth it Broncos, please. Give me something to cheer about, I need a reason to get excited and I can't do it alone.

Riders at 3pm, Broncos at 7 . . . catch us live from Saskatoon on the Eagle 94.1 beginning at 6:30pm with the pre-game show, play-by-play at 7pm from the Credit Union Center.

I'll have a recap on tonight's game posted tomorrow morning, The other recap will be from my friends calling in some sort of a drunken recap of the Vikings/Packers game on my voicemail. Great, thanks guys, appreciate it.

Later,
Jon

No comments: