- How embarrassing was that last night when Def Leppard lead singer Joe Elliot placed the Stanley Cup upside down on a stand during that "NHL Rocks" concert? I couldn't believe it! Great choice by the NHL to get a washed-up 80's band to embarrass themselves and make a mockery of the NHL's most celebrated symbol.
- Mitch Fadden back? Didn't see that coming.
- Is it just me or have their been a ton of WHL'ers signing pro contracts this season?
- The Broncos have back-to-back Friday night's off for the first time that I can remember. The Broncos host the Kootenay Ice tomorrow night in a re-match of last Saturday's 3-2 shootout win for the visiting Broncos.
- Broncos graduated 20 year-old Bretton "The Professor" Stamler will be our guest tomorrow night on our pre-game show. You will want to hear what he's been up to lately and get his take on last year's playoffs. Bretton goes down as one of the most well-spoken Broncos to come through these parts in my time here.
- I'm working on a Jesse Dudas update as well. The plan is to get him for our Sunday night pre-game show before the Broncos and Medicine Hat Tigers game.
- Through the first four Bronco home games, attendance is up on average about 300 more fans per game. In a league of declining crowds in some markets, the Broncos are bucking the trend. The renovations to the I-plex and some renewed enthusiasm seem to be pushing the crowds higher.
- Prediction: Luke Schenn is coming back to Kelowna... but not until he plays in the maximum amount of games before his first year of his NHL contract kicks in (9 games).
- Prediction: Tri City and Spokane battle all the way to the final weekend to decide the U.S. divsion... again.
- Prediction: Kelowna lands a big name defenseman shortly from another team but will have to pay for it.
- Prediction: Only one of the three previous predictions will be accurate.
Have a good weekend,