The Blazers will shoot for their 4th straight win tonight when they host the division leading Kelowna Rockets tonight at ISC. Here's a few tidbits leading into tonight's game.
- As discussed on Blazer Hockey Talk last night from the Ramada Rooftop Lounge, The Blazers have recalled 15 year-old Matt Needham. He will slide into the line-up with F Chase Souto being listed as out with a concussion.
- Blazer G Jeff Bosch is the Blazers Player of the Month for February. He was 7-3-1 in the month with a GAA of 3.09 and a save % of .905. He played every minute of every game and won both shootouts he was in. He joined us last night for our talk show.
- D Josh Caron will make his return back in after a three game suspension. Even with Caron back, the Blazers intend to keep F Jordan DePape on the blueline to give them six defenseman for tonight's game.
- Brandon Underwood and Chase Schaber are listed as day-to-day on the WHL injury report. I'd expect one or both back for the weekend.
- The much anticipated visit of the Stanley Cup is tonight for First Nation's Night. Doors open early at 5pm and the cup will be in the Lounge prior to and during the game. Afterwards, it'll be the special guest at Earl's for the Stanley Cup after party. Tickets are for sale on the concourse and at Earls. This event will be sold out. The night is being used as a fundraiser for Mitch Harlock and family. He's a local 10 year-old boy with a rare form of cancer.
- Kamloops native and former WHL scoring champion Tyler Redenbach will join us during the broadcast in the intermission. Redenbach, who played in Prince George, Swift Current and Lethbridge is back in Kamloops after breaking his wrist playing for
SaiPa Lappeenranta of the Finnish Elite League. Redenbach won a scoring title in Swift Current in my first year of play-by-play with the club in 2003-04 putting up 105 points.
- Game-time at 7pm at ISC, our pre game show begins at 6:30pm on Radio NL.
See you there....