Thursday, June 21, 2007

'07 Draft Festivities Begin

Here are some pics from Thursday....

Top prospect Angelo Esposito signs autographs outside Nationwide Arena

Esposito answers questions from the media throng

Calgary Hitmen defenseman Karl Alzner is ranked 5th by Central Scouting

Kyle Turris - ranked #1 by Central Scouting


The Conn Smythe Trophy...

Media gathers for the Top Prospects Luncheon

Preparing the draft floor




Just outside the rink



The view looking right from my hotel room
Looking left....

The massive Hyatt Regency Hotel
Round one of the draft is tonight beginning at 7pm eastern time. Rounds two through seven begin in the morning.
It seems everyone was out last night carousing. The Ducks staff even brought the cup out last night. I couldn't help myself. I'll post some pics next time.
Jon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! WOW! Did the Motorola Q take them, or did you buy a digital cam now?

It's a great looking city. I saw a bunch of pics online too.

And I also talked to the Nelson and Postma clan in Alberta. They are getting pretty excited for Posty. I think him and Eric Doyle will go for sure.

Have a good one down there Jon. I'll see you at the banquet on Tuesday!

Big Ern

Anonymous said...

Where's the pics of you and Gare Joyce?

Jon Keen said...

Ern, I borrowed a camera for the trip. I did take some pics with my phone but the qaulity isn't that good.

Hopefully a few of our boys get drafted. We'll wait and see.

Rod Pedersen said...

GARE, GARE, GARE

WE WANT GARE!

Anonymous said...

Jon

Any chance you can talk Kevin Lowe into sending Riley Nash to Swifty?