(photo courtesy Chris Mast)
- The Blazers take on the Medicine Hat Tigers for the first and only time this season. Last year they played twice with the road team winning on both occasions. The Blazers won a memorable contest vs the Tigers back in February as they rallied back from a 5-1 third period hole for a memorable 6-5 shootout win dubbed "The Medicine Hat Miracle".
- The Blazers chase their 5th win in a row while the Tigers come in playing game four of a five game BC division swing. They are 2-1 so far with a win and loss in Victoria and a shootout win in Vancouver Saturday night. They conclude the trip in Kelowna Wednesday night.
- The Tigers look a little different up front with the loss of WHL scoring champion Vinden Vey. Power forward Tyler Pitlick has graduated to the pro ranks and last year's captain Wacey Hamilton has graduated on. On the back-end they move on without Jace Coyle, Thomas Carr and import D Sebastian Owuya.
- The Tigers boast the WHL's leading goal scorer in Emerson Etem. His 11 goals lead the league. He's scored six on this trip alone. Hunter Shinkaruk is a good young player up front and Kellan Tochkin is a proven scorer although he's yet to find the back of the net this season.
- The Tigers captain this year is former Blazer Cole Grbvac. You can bet he'll be ready to play against his former club today.
- The Blazers seek their fifth win in a row as they get back on home ice following a 5-2 win in Everett Saturday night. So far this season the Blazers have outshot their opponent in 12/15 periods.
- If you're going by the Blazers current goalie rotation, it means 17 year-old Taran Kozun will start in goal for the Blazers tonight. He won in his first appearance in an 8-2 win over Victoria.
- Face-off at 2pm today at ISC. Happy Thanksgiving!