The Blazers return to home-ice tonight to host the Prince George Cougars in the annual Teddy Bear Toss Night at ISC... Here's some game notes and tidbits heading in.
- The Blazers will look to keep a four-game winning streak going while the Cougars are coming off back-to-back road wins through Seattle and Spokane.
- The Blazers are 10-2 vs BC division opponents. That equals the same amount of wins they picked up against the division in all of last year. The Blazers only two losses have been against Prince George. The season series is even at two wins apiece. Tonight is game five of the 10 they will play head-to-head this year.
- Cam Lanigan is set to get the start in goal. He hasn't started a game since November 12th against the Edmonton Oil Kings. Cole Cheveldave has started the last seven games.
- The Blazers will present captain Chase Schaber as the Radio NL Player of the Month for November. Schaber scored eight goals including two game-winners and added three assists. It was a very tight race between four or five players for the monthly honour.
- Tonight's game is also a Shaw TV broadcast.
- It's been a busy stretch for the Blazers after a pair of games in Victoria this week Tuesday and Wednesday. The team travelled home yesterday arriving back in Kamloops at 3pm. The team skated this morning in preparation for tonight's contest. They will host Victoria tomorrow night to wrap up a four-game week.
- The Blazers leave for Saskatchewan in just six days for their longest road trip of the season as they play all six Eastern division teams from Dec 10-17.