It's the only meeting of the season between the Blazers and Kootenay Ice as they meet at Interior Savings Center. (6:30pm pre-game, 7pm face-off on Radio NL).
- The Ice come in as the defending Ed Chynoweth Cup Champions and so far have picked up where they left off...they lead the tough Central division with a record of 16-5-1-2. They've won all three games on this BC Division swing with stops in Victoria, Vancouver and Prince George. After tonight's game, they conclude the trip Friday night in Kelowna. Tonight's game will be their fourth in five nights.
- Ice G Nathan Lieuwen leads the Eastern Conference in both GAA (1.82) and save % (.936). He will most likely get the start. The Ice threw back-up 'tender Mackenzie Skapski between the pipes last night in Prince George in a 3-2 win.
- The Blazers open up a three-game homestand and enter tonight's contest picking up points in the last three games. They sit 2nd in the BC division at 14-6-1 - two points behind Vancouver but holding four games in-hand.
- Last year the Blazers won 8-5 in Cranbrook last season in their only meeting of the season. It was the final game of a February Central division trip where they Blazers picked up 9/10 points.
- Former Blazer captain Ajay Baines will join the broadcast in the 1st intermission. He's part of tonight's "Blazer Indo-Canadian Night"
- Blazers majority owner Tom Gaglardi will be our 2nd period guest. We spoke with Tom earlier this week following the completion of his purchase of the Dallas Stars.
- Blazer "Hockey Talk" is set for tomorrow evening on Radio NL. We'll be on the air from 5:30pm to 7pm and invite your questions by email at email@example.com. Tweet me @JonKeenNLSports or call the show tomorrow 250-374-5345. Guests include Guy Charron, Dave Hunchak, Craig Bonner and D Bronson Maschmeyer.